Wmp12 constantly updating media library
Only monitor the actual music subfolders, as otherwise you're going to have a lot of extraneous notifications going to the player.
* If you're getting "Server Execution Failed" errors, you may want to disable the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and reboot.
I believe Dell/Sigmatel do have a driver update here that should fix you up.
If you're using an X-Fi and this is happening, disable "Sound Blaster Enhancements" under Control Panel and Properties for the X-Fi.
* Best Tip: If you have "mmswitch.ax" or "neroburnplugin.dll" on your system, you should remove those - those don't work with WMP.
If you have "ffdshow.ax", "nvappfilter.dll" (n Vidia Network Access Manager), "sockspy.dll" (Bit Defender Anti-Virus) on your system, you should make sure you have the latest versions of those, as earlier versions may causes crashes.
To fix this for Windows Vista: follow the steps in this article. Satellite TVfor PC 2007 does not do this anymore, but that doesn't really help you if you had installed Satellite TVfor PC 2006, sorry.
* Satellite TVfor PC 2006 randomly installs their own version of
Most frequently referenced notes so far: * If the player is crashing and you have vp6, , , or on your system - you might want to uninstall those.
* If you have an n Vidia card, upgrade your video card drivers from the n Vidia site.
* If you have a Creative Audigy 2 sound card, you may be getting an error trying to play your files.
To fix this issue, either switch to use Stereo instead of 5.1 or turn off the audio enhancements for the card.